Thursday, July 21, 2011

Prayer in PA

7/19/11 ~ I apologize if all of my posts today have been confusing and/or annoying. The story is that when I decided to start this Blog, I was finishing up work, packing to move, and moving, so I wrote down my experiences on paper (old school, I know) and am now settled in, transferred everything here, and am recommitting myself to actually post every Tuesday (at least I'll try!). So my family moved to PA, and there are a lot more mountains here than in southern Michigan, so this verse from Micah really stood out to me.

"The mountains melt beneath him, the valleys split apart" Micah 1:4

During the sermon at church this past Sunday, the pastor described that phenomenon when you get a new car and then start to see that kind of car everywhere, and how doing the same thing with God can increase our gratefulness. This verse started helping me notice things like the mountains and valleys- and how much greater still God is. Today's prayers during my fast were centered around noticing anything and everything I could to praise God for His works, His faithfulness, His love, anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment