Thursday, July 21, 2011

Not About Me

So far the majority of my posts have been about things that I have experienced or thought about while fasting one meal each week. I have liked that they often come out funny, that I really am learning more about myself and my Lord, but today I was praying for such an important issue on my heart, that nothing really stuck out that affected me.

"He must become greater, I must become less" John 3:30

Today reminded me of what I guess I have always known, but rarely like to admit- life is not about me. Do I really love other people enough to pray for them selflessly all day and not worry about my own hunger, or temptations, or discomfort, or schedule. My prayer is for an important broken relationship in my family, that I know only God's intervention can mend. I was reminded that really God is directing everything and everyone for His purposes. May His will be done in this relationship, but I pray that I would continue in the spirit of caring more about Him and His will than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment