Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sending More Than Christmas Cards

Tuesday during the time where I normally pray and blog, I got started putting together and sending out our Christmas letters. Time just got away from me because I was enjoying it so much, and before I knew it, the kids were up from nap time, and I didn't make the time again until today. Earlier in the day as I was praying, listening for promptings about how to direct my prayers and fasting, I thought about these Christmas letters and how excited I was to share about all of the great things we have seen God do in our lives this past year, and how grateful we are. I have heard many people say, as I have in the past, how much stress there can be surrounding sending out Christmas cards, decorating, hosting/going to parties, seeing family. And though I apologize to God for not setting aside time for my regular prayer and expression (blog), I am thinking that maybe God wanted me to send out those letters on Tuesday, proclaiming with joy the coming celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and how he is continually touching our lives. It didn't feel like a chore to do this year, and I pray that our joy, love, and gratitude will be felt in each letter as it arrives to our family and friends. This was a reminder again that...

"Whatever you do, in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, givng thanks to God the Father through Him." Col. 3:17

Prayer: That we as Christians would take the time to proclaim in word and deed, that Jesus has come- to save, to give abundant life, to break us free from the many chains that bind us, even during this season of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment