Tuesday, December 20, 2011

By Your Spirit

Yesterday, as soon as I got the kids settled for nap time, I crashed on my bed for my own nap time. I woke up in a grouchy mood, and it didn't get better throughout the morning, so I thought the answer was probably just more rest- I could wake up on the other side of the bed, so to speak. But before I drifted off to sleep, I began to pray and was convicted that it was silly to think that the answer to my bad mood and lack of energy was simply checking out of the conscious world for half an hour (yes, I power nap, because it seems more powerful :). This verse came to mind, and I prayed that even though I continued with my nap, it would be the Lord's spirit that would renew me- physically and emotionally.

The Word: " 'Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty." Zechariah 4:5-7

Today I was feeling the same fatigue right after nap time, and am happy to report that I learned from my experience yesterday and started praying before laying down. I was again refreshed and renewed and did not end up sleeping today, but I had another realization too. I could have used my renwed energy for a lot of things- my to-do list is never done, anyone identify? So I could have checked multiple things off this list, but instead I was feeling convicted that the priority of my renewed energy should be for extending love and
patience to my children when they woke up, and for seeking God (reading, journaling, praying more without worry of falling asleep). This is just one example of how God is teaching me that I cannot survive by my own strength and will.

My Prayer: That the many who are feeling the fatigue of life will be renewed, and use their renewed energy to seek the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment