Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Make the Most of Every Opportunity

Another rainy afternoon tempts me to just curl up on the couch and let the day pass by. But again I am thankful for the prompting to start this blog which keeps me accountable to God's call to:

"Be very careful then, how you live- not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, for the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is." Ephesians 5:17

So if you just got all excited because you think I am going to tell you that I have the Lord's will all figured out, sorry to disappoint you. But that's part of the beauty in dedicating this day to hearing from Him about His plan for me, all of the world, and the world to come. I am also realizing that maybe the bigger questions regarding my future are not really as important in God's will as the day to day decisions, character building opportunities, interactions with others, etc. And since there are countless of these seemingly small instances throughout the day, I can see why this verse talks about making decisions carefully and making the most of every opportunity.

Prayer: In addition for praying that Spirit would continue to prompts me to live in this spirit of seizing every moment, I pulled out this pamphlet on my bookshelf called "A voice for the voiceless" and am starting to pray for one of the global issues of injustice each day, because I know that God wants to take every prayer as an opportunity to free these people from evil days.

Food Note: (I am trying to deepen the focus of my prayer and fasting posts but I still think some of the funny or interesting things associated with going without a meal are fun or encouraging to read, so I will put them here at the end, ok?) I am so glad I moved my plasma donating day to Wednesday this week. I still feel hungry and probably need another glass of water to keep some light-headedness away, but now I know it is just associated with my body being so spoiled with my normal eating habits. I am not worrying about any medical side effects, but using the hunger again to drive me towards praise, thanks, and hunger for righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment