Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coming up with something when I'm coming down with something

I think I'm coming down with something...darn, now I said it, now it's actually going to happen. Maybe I was just feeling a lack of energy because I woke up half an hour earlier than usual, or because I donated plasma for the first time, or that it finally stopped raining and my allergies are not loving being back at the park, but I was just having one of those days where I felt like I couldn't wake up- can you identify? I decided to break a lot of 'rules' I have set for myself, some discussed n earlier posts- a big one being to fast from lunc (kind of the point of this blog, I know!) Having a very early breakfast and donating plasma for the first time, I felt like it was necessary to have something- not to fill my belly and be comfortable, but just to make sure I wasn't going to collapse and be alone with my kids. I fixed some turkey on half a piece of bread- tried to not put too much effort into it, not plan out some delicious feast or anything, just enough. I also began looking forward to the kid's nap time so I could partake as well, but this is fairly common and I usually tell myself how important it is to be fully present in prayer during the day. But...today I let myself take a nap (I didn't really have to go far, I had played with the kids on the floor laying down most of the morning anyway, since I didn't feel like I had the energy to sit up). Again, just trying to partake in the minimum, I set an alarm for 30 minutes and made myself get up after that, not really feeling that refreshed. In all of this, I may have been more prayerful than normal, asking God for his strength, forgiveness, whatever the day needed, etc. I felt a true relance on God for strength for myself, but still wanted my prayers to bless others today, so when we left the house after nap time, I heard these words:

"The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

So even if I did not feel enough strnegth to soar, run, or walk too much today, I still felt God's power increasing the love in me at the park this afternoon as I prayed for each other mom, dad, and child that I saw. I'm sure many were as tired as I was, or feeling grounded, weary, faint, in some other way. I pray that they would know the Lord - the Everlasting God- because I have learned by now that even with all my 'rules' and my own will, even other's great support, I will still grow weary, but my Defender never slumbers!

1 comment: