Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting Weaker

This week, Matt and I have a third child in our house. She is our neice, so of course we will treat her like family, but we are praying that in this time we are actually being open to God changing our hearts to treat any child who may come nto our home as family- especially in the sense of adoption. There have already been a number of logisctical difficulties to sort through as far as sleeping arrangements, vehicle seating arrangements, etc. And we are thinking of the unseen difficulties that may be present too, like how much we should expect the child to fit into our routine, or adapt to theirs, how our means of discipline affect the child differently than what they are used to,etc. Before the end of the first day, all of this stressed me out a little, and we hadn't even unpacked from Christmas/New Year's vacation yet. Some times I think that I could serve God better if I were not so stressed, so I should not take on these kinds of ventures. Then I remembered some questions in the book "Crazy Love", "Are you doing anything in life that you have to rely on God for" and "Would my life be different if I didn't believe in God". Considering these questions and desiring the answers to be 'yes', I delight in this new challenge, and whatever joys or struggles it brings. This verse came to mind to help me remember that life is about growing to know, love, and serve God more and more each day, and all that I experience has the potential to work towards that end.

The Word:
" My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. " 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Prayer:
To delight in hardhsips as opportunities to rely more on God, stay focused on the eternal joys present all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment