Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In You I Find Rest

We got home from a 5 day trip late last night, which included lots of action packed days, and a broken down car on the way home. The children and I still made it to our life group while my husband finished up important work that was due last night. So you know how those next mornings go right after returning home- piles of laundry, things to put away, catching up on what was missed, planning for the week ahead. It could have been easy again to skip today because it just wasn't the ideal day to take so much time praying, and I was just happy to be home and wanted to enjoy a normal lunch with my children. But I have to remember that sometimes in life things don't come at the perfect time- like a broken down car, death, injuries, other big expenses. In these times it is even more important to take refuge and seek rest in the Lord. I don't have much to report about the topic of my prayers today, just praising God for His goodness and asking Him to reveal Himself to those who do not know Him.

THE WORD: “There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides across the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. The eternal. God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:26-27

Just a great passage to meditate on, that there is no one God can be compared to, He is present, active, eternal, and wants to be our refuge.

FOOD STORY: I am feeling very weak at this point in the late afternoon, but again don't  feel that my body is in a harmful state. So I am trying to embrace the feeling of weakness to still respond in love to myself and others, because  know there will soon come a time when I am forced to be slower and weaker. The chocolate chip zucchini bread turned out to be delicious by the the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment