Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Quiet Home

Our children are with my parents this week so that I can go with our youth group to camp. I have a few days until I leave, so it is very quiet today. Many times on Tuesday afternoons I have prayed for longer nap times, no interruptions, etc. but have more recently become content with whatever the day brings and listen for God speaking to me in other ways rather than the silence. So even though I am extremely grateful for the quietness of today, it has been a while since I have listened for an extended period of time without any other noise or activity, and I don't know that I heard much. I am trusting that God can speak to my spirit even without my knowledge, and pray that our relationship can grow despite times of 'awkward' silence in our communication :) Since I did not feel like I was hearing/saying much, I just meditated on being thankful for life in general- my life, my husband's, my children, family, friends.

The Word:
"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the cty, the guards stand watch in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for He grants sleep to those he loves. Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him." Psalm 127:1-3

Even though I usually think about that last verse in terms of women who are trying/just become pregnant, I also thought of myself as being a reward. God created me for the opportunity to show the world more of Him and give Him glory. Psalm 127 reminds me that whatever I do- spending time in silence, serving some other person, cleaning the house- I get to live as Christ's reward if He is in all that I do.

Prayer:
Thank you, God, for creating me for a purpose. I want you to be in everything I do because with you there are true rewards of life, peace, hope, fullness, and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment