Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Still at Work

In case you missed it, I want to fess up that I didn't post last Tuesday. I fasted and prayed but honestly, sadly, nothing was really coming to mind that I felt I could write a few sentences about. All day long I tried to be observant about what was going on around me, read various things, talked to friends, etc. I waited till evening to post, hoping something of great substance would come to mind, and when nothing did, thought I should pray more and sleep on it, surely something would come to mind in the morning...and now it is a week later. Over the weekend I was convicted of this being a 'lukewarm' attitude while reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I was not approaching prayer as though it mattered- not believing God in what he says about prayer: it is powerful and effective, He hears it, desires it from us, changes us. This was a great reminder about my attitude and am repenting of my lack of passion and reverence. While I am keeping this in mind more today, I do not consider last week to be a waste, because I trust that even when I fail, God, the author and perfecter of my faith, is still working in me.

The Word: Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"

I guess I can't finish this blog without reflecting and recording on thoughts about the Penn State news right now, though I have read so many others that I doubt what I think or feel is new. Relating it to the verse today, I am reminded that God is here, He was there, and will be there- when His children were, and have at many other times, been taken advantage of. He is watching our justice system at work, often times so far from how He will carry out justice. He will be there when these types of injustices continue to happen. We push God farther from us, fail to acknowledge our sinful nature, and weigh right and wrong by the world's standards instead of God's, and we are all suffering the consequences.

Prayer: For glimpses of justice on earth as it will be in Heaven. At the same time,recognizing our own sin and praising God for being so patient with us, desiring that all should be saved,
instead of treating us as our sins deserve.

Food note: I usually limit myself to only fluids on Tuesdays, but at the grocery store today I bough apple cider. I have been wanting buy some for over a month now and just gave in since it was on sale. Today is the hungriest I remember being in the last few months, so after I enjoyed a small glass of apple cider, I realized how much more filling and satisfying it was than other drinks and was tempted to pour another glass. I think for today at least though, I better turn back to just water and not shy away from that feeling of hunger, reminding me that God wants to work in me in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment